The following use permit was submitted and will be reviewed by the Technical Review Committee - TRC (May 12, 2021) and the Board of Commissioners - BOC (tentative date: July 19, 2021):
- Foster Forbes Mine: The applicant , HOM Development, LLC, submitted a use permit application to excavate 6.23 acres of sand and topsoil (extractive industry). The property is located at 8180 Caratoke Highway in Powells Point and is owned by Foster Allen Forbes.
The following major site plans were submitted and will be reviewed by the TRC (May 12, 2021):
- Coinjock Marina: The applicant, Louis Davis, submitted a major site plan to replace a commercial building used as the marina store. The project includes a 40’ x 60’ building at 321 and 333 Waterlily Road and will be located on property owned by New Coinjock Investors of NC, Inc.
- Oak Trail Solar: The applicant, Oak Trail Solar, LLC, submitted a major site plan to install a solar energy facility (utility). The project in located in Moyock on Puddin Ridge Road and involves 1,229 acres owned by several property owners.
The following construction drawings were submitted and will be reviewed by the TRC (May 12, 2021):
- Boswood Estates: The applicant, Boswood Estates, LLC, submitted construction drawings for a 14 lot residential subdivision located in Barco. The property owner is Pacific Beach Construction, LLC.
The following UDO text amendments were submitted and will be reviewed by TRC (May 12, 2021; Planning Board (tentative date: July 13, 2021); and the BOC (tentative date: August 2, 2021):
- Currituck County: The text amendment application is to allow an extension of the preliminary plat/use permit when a committed county utility can not be provided.
- Currituck County: The text amendment application is to require all new subdivisions to be serviced by a central wastewater system of a major utility, a centralized wastewater system of a major utility owned and operated by Currituck County, or an on-site wastewater system that complies with ARHS standards.
The following cases were submitted and will require the board to make a quasi-judicial decision. Board members are not allowed to discuss the case or gather evidence outside of the hearing. You may view the property in question before the hearing, but may not talk about the case with the applicant, neighbors, or staff outside of the hearing.
- Ballance Mine: The applicant is identified as Allied Properties, LLC on the application and APVA, LLC on the plan(will be corrected during the TRC review). The submittal is a use permit application for an extractive industry (sand mine) on Caratoke Highway in Moyock. The application includes five existing properties located on the southwest side of Caratoke Highway and divided by the Chesapeake and Albemarle Railroad (Tax Map 23, Parcels 40, 46, 47, 48, and 49). The property contains 358.9 acres with 191.20 acres intended for the mining operation. The plan proposes excavating 57.36 acres and the mined area will be left as a lake or be filling with reclaimed material. The operations include dewatering to a 0.34 acre settling basin with an outlet to the northern ditch (Willie Lead Ditch).
- The Fost Tract: The applicant , Moyock Development, LLC, submitted a preliminary plat/use permit application for Phases 6-9 of the Fost Tract in Moyock. The phases include 39 townhouses and 139 single family lots.
Foster Forbes Mine: The applicant , HOM Development, LLC, submitted a use permit application to excavate 6.23 acres of sand and topsoil (extractive industry). The property is located at 8180 Caratoke Highway in Powells Point and is owned by Foster Allen Forbes.