The following planned development amendment was submitted and will be reviewed by the Technical Review Committee - TRC (January 13, 2021), the Planning Board - PB (tentative date: February 9, 2021), and the Board of Commissioners - BOC (tentative date: March 1, 2021):
- The Fost Tract: The applicant, Moyock Development, LLC, submitted the third PDR amendment to provide an additional street connection to the Flora tract.
The following rezonings were submitted and will be reviewed by the TRC (January 13, 2021), the PB (tentative date: February 9, 2021), and the BOC (tentative date: March 1, 2021):
- Currituck Way: The applicant, ITAC 123LLC c/o James M. Rose, Jr, submitted a conditional zoning application to rezone 20.1 acres from AG (Agriculture) to C-MXR (Conditional-Mixed Residential). The property is located on the north side of Foster Forbes Road in, Powells Point. The request includes two properties and has frontage on Caratoke Highway. The applicant proposes to build 60 residential units (10 buildings with 6 units per building), clubhouse, and amenity area.
- Flora Farm: The applicant, North South Development Group, LLC, submitted a conditional zoning application to rezone 224.44 acres from AG (Agriculture) to C-MXR (Conditional – Mixed Residential). The property is located on Survey Road and Caratoke Highway in Moyock and is owned by John J. Flora III and Mary Nell Flora Brumsey. The application proposes 277 single family residential lots (15,000 square foot minimum lot size) and limited neighborhood commercial.
- Hutchinson Rezoning. The applicant, Mainstay Construction, Inc, submitted a traditional (straight) rezoning of 11.27 acres from GB (General Business) and AG (Agriculture) to GB (General Business) and MXR (Mixed Residential). The property is located on the west side of Caratoke Highway in Grandy. (PIN 0094000113A0000). Since this is a traditional rezoning the applicant did not provide a conceptual plan or conditions associated with this request.
The following major site plans were submitted and will be reviewed by the TRC (January 13, 2021):
- Hardy Warehouse Complex: The applicant submitted a major site plan application for a contractor warehouse/storage building at 100 Elton Street in Harbinger. The application includes a 6-unit 9,000 square foot building.
- Atlantic OBX: The applicant submitted a major site plan application for a professional office at 102 Hines Drive, in Powells Point. The application includes 1,680 square foot office at their existing location.
The following text amendment was submitted and may be reviewed by the TRC (December 9, 2020), the PB (tentative date: January 12, 2021), and the BOC (tentative date: February 1, 2021):
- Currituck County: submitted a text amendment application to amend the UDO and allow Type 1 multi-family subdivisions to meet the major site plan stormwater requirements (post development peak discharge from the 24-hr storm event with a 5-yr recurrence interval down to the predevelopment discharge rate from the 24-hr storm event with a 2-yr recurrence interval based on pre-development wooded conditions) instead of the subdivision stormwater requirements (post development peak discharge from a 24-hr. storm with a 10-year recurrence interval to a predevelopment discharge rate from the 24-hr storm event with a 2-yr recurrence interval based on pre-development wooded conditions).
The following cases were submitted and will require the board to make a quasi-judicial decision. Board members are not allowed to discuss the case or gather evidence outside of the hearing. You may view the property in question before the hearing, but may not talk about the case with the applicant, neighbors, or staff outside of the hearing.
- Shingle Landing Villas: The applicant, Shingle Landing Villas, LLC, submitted a preliminary plat/use permit application for a 17-lot townhome development on Moyock Landing Drive west of the Currituck House. The development will consist of 16 2-story townhomes with attached garages and one accessory dwelling unit.
- Corolla Light, PUD, Phase 11: The applicant, Outer Banks Ventures, submitted an amended sketch plan/use permit application to allocate 8 residential units to Phase 11. Phase 11 is located at 1099 Ocean Trail, Corolla.
The following application was submitted and reviewed by TRC, but the applicant has not submitted the requested documents. Staff will contact the applicant after January 1, 2021 for a status update:
- West Point Preserve: The applicant, Old Brothers, LLC, submitted a preliminary plat and use permit application to add 15 lot residential lots in an existing subdivision. The request is to extend Wren Drive and re-develop lot 5 West Point Estates in Moyock. Wren Drive is located off Tulls Creek Road.