he following major site plans were submitted and will be reviewed by the Technical Review Committee - TRC (September 8, 2021):
- 7-ELEVEn: The applicant, Creighton Companies, LLC, submitted a major site plan application for the purpose of constructing a convenience store with gasoline sales in Moyock at Baxter Lane and Caratoke Highway. The proposed construction includes a 4,650 sf retail building and a canopy. The owner of the property is Jarvis Harvest, LLC.
- Pine Island Training Facility: The applicant, Coastal Engineering & Surveying, submitted a major site plan for the purpose of constructing a 6,896 sf fire training facility at 468 Ocean Trail in Pine Island. The property is owned by Currituck County.
The following preliminary plat and construction drawings were submitted and will be reviewed by the TRC (September 8, 2021):
- Munson Hill: The applicant, Edgewater Beach, LLC, submitted an application for preliminary plat and construction drawings for four lots, including an exempt parcel exceeding 10 acres. The original subdivision was a private access subdivision which is no longer a development option in the UDO. The applicant is proposing to relocate the internal sand road. The development includes 1492, 1494, 1496, and 1497 Ocean Pearl Road in Corolla. The property is owned by Brock North Carolina, LLC.
The following construction drawings were submitted and will be reviewed by the TRC (September 8, 2021):
- Fost, Phase 1: The applicant, Moyock Development, LLC, submitted an application for amended construction drawings for Phase 1. The application indicates 95 units/lots and the plans indicate 92 single family lots and 44 townhouse lots. The development is located in Moyock off Caratoke Highway.
The following final plat was submitted and will be reviewed by the TRC (September 8, 2021):
- The Landing, Phase 2: The applicant, The James Jarvis and Catherine Thrasher Revocable Living Trust, submitted a final plat application for 27 residential lots in a conservation subdivision. The property is located off Little Acorn Trail and east of Baxter Lane Estates in Moyock.
The following cases were submitted and will require the board to make a quasi-judicial decision. Board members are not allowed to discuss the case or gather evidence outside of the hearing. You may view the property in question before the hearing, but may not talk about the case with the applicant, neighbors, or staff outside of the hearing.
- The Fost Tract: The applicant , Moyock Development, LLC, submitted a preliminary plat/use permit application for Phases 6-9 of the Fost Tract in Moyock. The phases include 39 townhouses and 139 single family lots.
- Monteray Shores, PUD: The applicant/owner, Outer Banks Ventures, Inc., submitted an amended sketch plan and use permit application to add 36 units (25 townhomes, 5 single family lots, and 6 upper-story dwellings) within a phase in the planned unit development located at the southern end of Monteray Shores. The property is owned by Outer Banks Ventures, Inc.
- Pine Island, Phase 5B, PUD: The applicant, Turnpike Properties, LLC, submitted an application to amend the sketch plan and use permit for Pine Island. The request is to add 1 upper-story dwelling unit in Phase 5B. The total development will include 304 residential units.