$100,000 in Grant Funding Available to Help Drive Visitors to Currituck County
The Currituck County Department of Travel and Tourism is pleased to assist Currituck County-based non-profit organizations and for-profit businesses to produce quality events that will attract visitors to the county. Beginning on Tuesday, March 1, applications may be submitted for consideration in the 2022-23 Events Grant Program.
Funding for the Events Grant Program shall be included in the annual Currituck Travel & Tourism budget in the amount of $100,000. Grants will be awarded to individual events not to exceed $20,000. Individual organizations and businesses can receive more than one (1) grant per fiscal year, but the totals for the grants cannot exceed $20,000. Unlike the Event Marketing Assistance program, funds awarded can be used for other established expenses as outlined in the Event Grants guidelines. Also, funds awarded are paid to the grantee upon presentation of approved paid invoices.
Criteria is as follows:
- Applicant business or organization must be located in Currituck County or partnering with a Currituck County applicant
- Applicant must meet with Tourism Director
- Event must be in Currituck County and open to the public
- Additional consideration will be given to shoulder and off-season events
- Majority of attendees must be from outside Currituck County
- Applications are accepted from March 1 to April 15 for events beginning on or after the beginning of the fiscal year of July 1
- The Tourism Advisory Board will evaluate each application received and make a recommend of funding awards to the TDA
- Application must receive the majority vote of the attending TDA for final approval
In addition, Currituck County also offers an Event Marketing Assistance Program, which provides marketing funds for advertising and promoting events, festivals, special promotions or culturally-related events and activities to Currituck County organizations outside the Travel & Tourism Department. To be eligible for these funds, the event, festival, or other special promotion must show that it will draw visitors and tourists from outside Currituck County. Funding for the Event Marketing Assistance Program shall be included in the annual Currituck Travel & Tourism budget in the amount of $20,000. Funding levels are based on the size of the event.
For complete information on these opportunities, including guidelines and applications, click here or contact Tameron Kugler, Currituck County Department of Travel and Tourism Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 252-435-2947.