Museum of the Albemarle will open to the public Thursday, Sept. 10 at 10 a.m. with some new procedures in place to help ensure the safety of staff and visitors, including:
- Limiting visitation.
- Closing some areas and programs, such as interactive exhibits and our Children’s Discovery Room.
- Installing hand sanitizer stations and increasing the frequency of cleaning high touch public areas and restrooms.
- Installing protective barriers at ticket sales and information desks.
- Staff and visitors required to wear cloth face masks as outlined in Executive Order 163.
- Our gift shop is also open with limited capacity.
Areas that remain closed include:
- Children’s Discovery Room
Visitors are encouraged to follow the “Three Ws” as outlined by the N.C. Dept. of Health and Human Services – WEAR a cloth face mask; WAIT in line at least six feet away from others, and WASH hands frequently or use hand sanitizer. If you are experiencing symptoms of illness, we ask that you postpone your visit.
Keep up to date with our plans by following us on social media or by visiting our website at www.museumofthealbemarle.com. We look forward to seeing you soon!